A Lasko blower fan comes in different shapes, sizes, and features; thus, the cleaning process also changes depending on the fan we are dealing with. If the fan is not maintained daily, the dust accumulates to create debris inside, and one starts to wonder how to clean a Lasko blower fan with such a compact structure.
How To Clean A Lasko Blower Fan
Lasko fans usually come in enclosed and compact designs; thus, cleaning them has always been challenging. We are here to the rescue; in this article, we will be covering every type of Lasko blower fan to make your cleaning process easy and comfortable.
- A set of flexible brushes, if you are not up to disassembling the fan.
- A disinfectant spray or disinfectant wipes for keeping the air passing through the fan completely germ-free.
- Vacuum cleaner (Electronic)
- A small bowl to keep all the small pieces of hardware safe in one place.
- An air compressor
- A soft cloth
- Multipurpose oil
- Vinegar or rubbing alcohol
Cleaning A Lasko Tower Blower Fan
A Lasko tower fan was designed to provide air at a massive velocity in a compact structure.
However, cleaning a Lasko tower blower fan is not the easiest task as the design is compact. Thus, it might need some extra attention when it comes to cleaning.
- Begin with unplugging the fan and plug the brush cleaner into your vacuum cleaner; if you do not have a vacuum cleaner, you can move forward with using a brush set to remove the dust from the fan.
- Start with vacuuming or brushing the intake grill and remove the dirt from the grill.
- Now take any soft cloth (microfiber is highly preferred) and clean the outer fan housing.
- If you see any stains or spots, put some vinegar or rubbing alcohol on the soft cloth and gently rub on the stained area.
- Keep rubbing until the stain is completely gone.
The method of cleaning the Lasko tower mentioned above is preferred if you want to avoid disassembling the fan.
If you want to deep clean and move forward with disassembling the fan, here is the link to the video guide to help you in the cleaning process.
Cleaning A Lasko Pedestal Blower Fan
Pedestal fans are really popular in the hot regions of the country, as they are a pocket-friendly option and are easy to maintain. Thus cleaning a Lasko pedestal blower fan is an essential task because of its extensive usage.
Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Since a Lasko pedestal fan is a bit larger than a tower fan, it will need disassembling. Start with opening the rear and front grills; if you need assistance, please refer to the product’s manual for disassembling.
- Once the disassembling is done, start with cleaning the blades and grill. Add some water and some liquid soap to the bowl and dip the blades in it.
- For the other parts of the fan, use the damp microfiber cloth for cleaning. Use some vinegar or rubbing alcohol for the stained parts of the fan.
- Now take the grill and blades of the fan and start rubbing with a flexible brush to remove the dirt and debris.
- Once the scrubbing is done, wash the grill and blades and leaves them to air dry before you start to reassemble.
- Ensure you do not touch the motor during the cleaning process, as the water will undoubtedly ruin the motor.
In most of the cleaning processes, we usually suggest using a microfiber cloth to remove dust and dirt.
The cloth has several pros when it comes to cleaning; here is the link to a study highlighting the cleaning properties of the microfiber cloth.
Cleaning A Lasko Box Blower Fan
A Lasko box fan is a lower-cost option than a Lasko pedestal fan. It is a high-efficiency fan, primarily used at home because of its easy-to-use design.
Since the fan is a high-performance fan, it is time to move forward with cleaning a Lasko box blower fan to keep it in the best shape at home.
- Cleaning a box fan is nearly impossible without disassembling; thus, begin with opening the four screws of the box present at the perimeter of the front grill.
- Since the grill is completely removed, now you can remove the blades by gently rocking the side of the blade to side and pulling up.
- Fill a bowl with some water and add a few drops of soap to it.
- Now dip the microfiber cloth into the bowl and start cleaning the blades and the grills. You won’t need a brush this time.
- After cleaning, give a quick wash with clean water and let it dry.
- Once the fan is completely dried, start to reassemble the fan.
Cleaning Of A Lasko Window Blower Fan
A Lasko window fan is one of the finest creations, as it has multiple features, but it does not create any extra noise along with those features.
- The fan needs disassembling; thus, make good use of your screwdrivers, remove the fan from the window, and place it up on the floor.
- Now remove the screws and lift the grill cover from the main body of the fan.
- Take the microfiber cloth and remove the dust and debris from the grill and the blades.
- Add some water to the bowl along with a few drops of liquid soap and dip the microfiber cloth in it.
- Now use the damp cloth to clean the fan’s internal parts, including the panels, knobs, grates, and blades.
- Once the cleaning is done, leave them to dry and then reassemble.
A Lasko window fan needs much more regular cleaning than the other fans, as they accommodate a comparatively larger amount of debris as they are placed on the window.
Cleaning A Lasko Wind Machine Blower Fan
A Lasko wind machine fan comes in different shapes and sizes, but this fan also demands disassembling when cleaning.
In addition, it might be tough to maintain these fans regularly considering the structure; that is why we are discussing an in-depth process of cleaning a Lasko wind machine blower fan, as it will be done once in a while.
- Take the fan and place it on the floor. Now start removing the screws by using a screwdriver, and do not forget to remove the knobs.
- Once the screws and knobs are removed, take out the grill and give the blades a good wipe with the microfiber cloth to remove the dust and debris.
- Add some water to a bowl and put a few drops of liquid soap.
- Now dip the cloth into the bowel and start scrubbing the fan to remove stains and extra dirt.
- Now wipe it clean and let the blades and grill air dry.
- Once the parts are completely dried, start to assemble them.
Lubricating The Motor When It Squeaks
In the above paragraphs, we have talked about cleaning the blades, grills and maintaining the quality of the fan, but what about the motor.
When the motor starts to squeak, it needs some lubrication, and thus in this section, we will discuss lubricating the motor when it squeaks.
- First of all, start with turning off the fan to block the electricity flow.
- Unscrew the fan and remove the cage.
- Unscrew the lock bolt and remove the blades from the metal shaft.
- Now spray the oil around the holes in the shaft using a fine tube.
- Now wipe off any extra oil and put the blades back on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Lasko Fans Produce Cool Air?
Lasko fans do not have any type of cooling mechanism installed in them. Thus, they do not produce any type of cool air. If the fan is placed in front of an air conditioner, it might be possible, but otherwise, it is entirely impossible.
How Can I Reset My Lasko Fan?
To reset a Lasko fan, try switching off the main power of the fan and leave it like this for at least 15 minutes. Now take the fan into a new room and a new power outlet and see if the issue gets resolved. If not, please call customer service.
The first and foremost thing to remember about cleaning a Lasko fan is that the process changes depending on the type of fan you are cleaning. Regular cleaning of the fan provides you and your family a good air quality and saves you from any extra manual work. Always be careful while cleaning; make sure the fan is switched off.