If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
When it comes to comfort with style, one brand that takes the crown is Jack Rogers. Jack Rogers is glamorous and a wardrobe essential. But, are you looking for a cleaning solution for Jack Rogers? Worry not, here is an article breaking down the steps on how to clean Jack Rogers.
- How To Clean Jack Rogers
- Maintenance of Jack Rogers
- Ways to Take Care of the Sandals
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Clean Jack Rogers
Jack Rogers is a style statement that captures the essence of fashion with comfort. Unfortunately, the comfortable cushiony heels can get dirty, and you need a proper cleaning procedure to clean them.
- Wash Cloth
- Saddle Soap
- Tweezers to scoop out dirt from the holes.
- A bowl of water
- Baking Soda
- Spraying bottle
- Warm water
Step 1: Brush Off the Jack Rogers
The sandals get dirty quite often, and it can even become dirtier if you went to the beach.
- Take the Jack Rogers and use a brush or microfiber cloth to get out the dirt of the holes.
- You can use a tweezer or other scraping tools to scrape out little stones or sand from the holes.
- It is essential to do it gently as you could damage the shoe.
Step 2: Use a Dampened Soft Cloth
After you brush off the dirt from the sandal or flip flops, use a dampened cloth.
- Keep a bowl nearby filled with warm water (not too hot) and dip the cloth in it.
- Clean the crest and crevices of the Jack Rogers and wipe out the dirt from every corner.
- Turn the slipper around and clean the sole with the dampened cloth.
The footprints and oil secreted from the toes are one of the major causes of dirty slippers.
Scrubbing it with a damp cloth helps in removing the greasy dirt from the Jack Rogers.
Step 3: Use a Fabric Cleaner/Saddle Soap
After the dirt and dust are brushed off, you can work on cleaning the straps of the slipper.
- Jack Rogers has a cloth strap, and the intricate design is made in the strap. Spray the fabric cleaner/saddle soap solution on a fresh cloth.
- After spraying the fabric cleaner/soap solution, scrub the strap well. It will exfoliate the straps, and the dirt will come out.
- Do not spray the fabric cleaner/ soap solution directly on the strap, as it can damage the non-strap space.
- Apply a small amount of spray in the cloth or brush, and then scrub the straps thoroughly.
Leave the straps for a couple of minutes.
Step 4: Wash The Solution/Fabric Cleaner
After initial cleaning is done on the straps, move forward to cleaning the fabric cleaner.
- Use a soft cloth and damp it in warm water. Then, wash the fabric cleaner from the strap.
- The soap or cleaner may get accumulated in the design of Jack Rogers.
- Use warm water and wash it well with running water.
If you regularly clean the straps, it becomes easier to maintain the elegant look of the sandals.
Step 5: Wash It With Baking Soda
- Sprinkle baking soda while the slippers are damp.
- Test if the baking soda powder is causing any color fading to the Jack Rogers. Test it by applying a small amount on the middle part of the flip-flops.
- If it looks alright, then sprinkle a handful of baking soda powder on the flip-flops.
- Do the same procedure in the sole of Jack Rogers.
- Work gently over the stains with a fresh brush. Do not rub vigorously.
- Leave it aside for 20 minutes.
Step 6: Use The Vinegar Solution
Once you wash off the baking powder from Jack Rogers, it is time to move ahead to the next step. Jack Rogers has a leather sole that is a magnet to dirt and mud.
- Pour equal parts white vinegar and equal parts water. Put it in the spray bottle and mix it well.
- Spray on the part which has sticky mud or dirt. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Use a dampened soft cloth and wash off the diluted white vinegar from the sole.
- Repeat the cleaning process 5-6 times till the vinegar ultimately gets off from the sole.
This will clean any bacteria or fungus build-up in the sandals. Vinegar solution is anti-bacterial. It kills the germs and prevents any build-up in the future.
Step 7: Use Alcohol Solution
If, even after rigorous cleaning, there are still foot marks and greasy dirt sticking on the flip flops, then try this.
- Pour equal parts alcohol and equal parts water in a spray bottle.
- Spray it in the sole or corner of the Jack rogers to check if the color is fading out.
- Let the solution rest for a couple of minutes. After that, check whether the color is fading out or not.
- Next, spray it on the flip-flops and rub alcohol on the footbeds.
- This will clean the dirt, and it will give shine along with killing the germs.
- After cleaning it, dry it off in a well-ventilated room. Leave it for an hour, and then you are good to go.
Here is a video guide to follow.
Step 8: Machine Wash
After cleaning it with different products, the last step is to machine wash. Jack Rogers can be washed quickly in the machine.
- Set your machine to delicate wash.
- Run cold water. Use ¼ cup of soap or detergent.
- Run the cycle like you normally do with clothes.
Avoid the procedure if there are embellished pearls or beads.
Step 9: Dry It Off
After completion of the previous steps, dry off the footbeds properly.
- Use a microfiber towel to soak the dripping water.
- Once it becomes half-dry use, a vacuum cleaner if it supports wet cleaning or, you can use the hairdryer to dry it off.
- You can even place it under the fan to dry it effectively.
- Ensure it is dry when you keep it in the box. Otherwise, the water can damage Jack Rogers.
Maintenance of Jack Rogers
If you own a pair of Jack Rogers, you must know how pricey it can get. A big part of buying sandals is maintaining them. It does not mean you have to avoid going to the beach or long walks.
Here are some of the maintenance tips that can make the sandals last in the long run.
- Regardless of which type of sandal you wear, it is predominant to clean it up once in a while.
- Buy the right size of sandal, which means you should have little space at the end of the footbed. In addition, it will take care of the wear and tear of the heel.
- While washing the wedges, look for cracks and repair them. For instance, if there is a crack in the heel, then use glue gum and paste it.
- Be gentle while washing the attachment of the strap. Vigorous cleaning can cause breakage of the sandal.
- Keep it stored in the box, so dirt and pollutants from the air do not build up.
- Use a shoe tree to keep the sandals in proper shape.
Ways to Take Care of the Sandals
Sandals Hate Moisture
When you wash Jack Rogers, always keep it in a box when it is completely dried. Sandals hate moisture as moisture can lead to the growth of bacteria and fungus.
Use silica gel packets to keep moisture and bacteria away.
Keep It Safe from Dust
If you want to prevent the accumulation of dirt, then always keep it safe in a box. Keep it in a cardboard box instead of a plastic box.
Avoid piling it up in the cupboard. To keep it new and fresh, use shoe polish.
Direct sunlight can tighten or result in dry rotting. Also, Jack Rogers is made up of leather, so direct sunlight can result in crumbling.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Size of Jack Rogers Should I Buy?
Jack Rogers is true to its size. However, the width is a little less than other beach slippers so that you can buy your normal size. Jack Rogers stretches with time; hence, buying one size big can create problems in future use.
Is It Expensive To Clean Jack Rogers?
No, it is not expensive to clean and maintain Jack Rogers. You can wash it off with saddle soap to clean Jake Rogers.
Is Jack Rogers Waterproof?
Yes, Jack Rogers is waterproof. Although Jack Rogers sandals are manufactured from jacked leather, it is factory-treated with waterproof horsehide wax. You can easily clean it by soaking it in a saddle sop solution or machine wash. This will not harm the integrity of the leather footbed.
Jack Rogers has a powerful influence on pop culture and fashion. It has the craftsmanship that Jack Roger brings in its design. It has become a style statement over the years. It is popular summer wear as it has a comfortable cushiony footbed. After the beach, brush off the sandal with a light brush to prepare for the next long walk. In the above article, there is a detailed analysis on how to clean Jack Rogers. Following the procedure, you can efficiently clean to maintain it for the long run.