As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not everyone knows how to clean a moissanite ring. It is a beautiful and durable gemstone that requires special care to keep it looking its best.
Moissanite jewelry is becoming more and more popular in recent years because of how eye-catching these stones are.
However, many people do not know how to clean their Moissanite rings. They don’t have any scratches or abrasions.
We will go over some tips on how to properly clean the Moissanite ring so it stays shiny for years!
- Why Does a Moissanite Ring Require Cleaning?
- Cleaning Guidelines for a Moissanite Ring
- How to Maintain an Elegant Moissanite Ring?
- FAQs about Cleaning And Caring for Moissanite Rings
- Final Thought
Why Does a Moissanite Ring Require Cleaning?
Moissanite is a lab-created gemstone with a hardness of 9.25 on the Mohs scale, making it extremely resistant to scratching and damage from everyday wear.
However, Moissanite gems can still be damaged if exposed to harsh chemicals or environmental factors such as hard water. Regular cleaning is very important!
Cleaning Guidelines for a Moissanite Ring
1. Put the Ring in a Bowl of Warm Water
Add a small amount of the LUXRING Diamond & Silver Polishing Soap. Make sure to completely cover the moissanite gemstone with soap to clean it from all angles.
2. Brush With a Soft-Bristled Toothbrush
To remove any dirt or grime, scrub the Moissanite ring in a circular motion. Add more soap if necessary!
3. Brush the Gemstone Gently
To get a bright shine, repeat the process with a soft polishing cloth. Please avoid using rough fabrics as they can scratch the surface of your ring.
4. Clean the Moissanite Ring With Warm Water
Rinse and dry it thoroughly with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove excess soap residue and ensure that no moisture trapped in the crevices of your ring causes corrosion.
5. Repeat These Steps Once a Week or as Needed!
Also read: How to Clean a Titanium Ring
How to Maintain an Elegant Moissanite Ring?
Follow these care tips to keep the Moissanite ring looking its best!
1. Moissanite is extremely resistant to scratching. It can be nicked or chipped if banged against hard objects or dropped on the ground. Be sure to take extra precautions when wearing your ring. Avoid sporting it while doing manual labor.
2. It is a more delicate gemstone than diamonds. To avoid damage, it should be handled with caution.
3. Always take off your ring before doing housework such as dishwashing or cleaning.
4. Moissanite can be damaged if exposed to harsh chemicals like bleach or chlorine. Always remove your ring before swimming or showering.
5. Moissanite should never be exposed to extreme heat or pressure. It is a very sensitive gemstone and can crack or shatter with enough force.
6. Avoid exposing your Moissanite ring to chemicals such as perfume, household cleaners, and acetone. And other strong chemicals that damage jewelry.
7. Do not immerse your Moissanite ring in water for long periods. This can cause corrosion over time because of the salt content in the water/ocean. Suppose your ring gets wet. Dry immediately with a soft cloth. Avoid applying any lotions or perfumes on your hands before wearing your ring.
8. Moissanite has the highest hardness of all gemstones used for jewelry, but it is still vulnerable to scratching. If you wear your Moissanite ring while doing heavy labor, avoid banging the stones against surfaces. This can cause serious damage.
9. Keep your moissanite ring away from extreme heat and humidity conditions, as high temperatures can cause discoloration over time because of excessive exposure to light.
10. To keep your moissanite ring sparkling bright, have it cleaned by a professional jeweler every six months to one year, depending on how often it is worn!
Also read: How to Clean Skateboard Bearings With Household Items.
FAQs about Cleaning And Caring for Moissanite Rings
Moissanite is the hardest gemstone used in fine jewelry, but it is not as hard as diamonds. Although some objects such as coins or keys can scratch, Moissanite will not scratch from everyday wear and tear on your hands or body.
Although your moissanite ring is pretty resilient, we recommend removing it before cleaning the dishes or doing other manual labor. Any bumps and knocks could cause significant damage.
We recommend having your Moissanite ring professionally cleaned and polished every six months to one year. This will keep your gemstone looking bright and beautiful!
Most standard jewelry cleaners are perfectly fine, but avoid using excessive chemicals or harsh cleaning agents that could damage the stones or the metal.
After using a jewelry cleaner, rinse your Moissanite ring in clean water and pat dry with a soft cloth to remove the excess chemicals before wearing it again.
No! Toothpaste contains abrasive chemicals that are too harsh for jewelry, so avoid using it to clean your gorgeous new Moissanite ring.
If your Moissanite ring looks dull or cloudy with oils and dirt from everyday wear, it’s time to have it professionally cleaned!
Your moissanite ring is very durable and resistant to most forms of water damage, such as rainstorms and swimming pool chemicals. However, we recommend removing it before getting wet in the ocean or pool.
Although your Moissanite ring is quite strong, it’s not indestructible! We recommend removing your ring before playing sports or working with power tools to avoid damage.
Moissanite is naturally clear in its crystal form, so if your Moissanite ring has looked cloudy with oil or dirt from everyday wear over the years, this means that it’s time for a professional cleaning!
Also read: How To Clean Pearls
Moissanite is a beautiful, durable gemstone that can last for generations if cared for properly. With regular professional cleanings, your Moissanite ring will look as bright as the day you bought it!