As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Because televisions are the focal point of most houses’ entertainment, we are likely to put effort to take care of them. Cleaning the screen, on the other hand, is always a puzzle because it’s typically a coin flip whether you’ll have streaks throughout the tv screen or not.
Using anything to wipe your television screen is a certain method to produce different results. Accumulation of dust on the television screen is inevitable, thus, knowing how to clean a flat-screen tv without streaks.
Also Read: How To Clean A Front Load Washer Gasket
TV displays, like computer screens, attract dust. When it’s time to clean it, going it over with a soft feather duster decreases the amount of filth you must work with. It also significantly lowers the number of moments you need to clean and bother about streaks.
While cleaning, the feather duster removes debris that has become stuck and caused scratches. Feather dusters are also used to clean N64 cartridges and other accessories.
Microfiber cloth is an excellent choice for cleaning televisions since it is soft and non-abrasive. The fact that it is lint-free makes it ideal for picking up any dirt that may have accumulated on your flatscreen TV with a few wipes.
You’ll need two of these to complete the cleaning process. One should be wet enough to wipe the screen adequately, while the other should be entirely dry to serve as the shine. Most modern consumer electronics include one of these in the package.
If you look through your TV’s packaging, you’ll most likely discover one. When you obtain these, avoid reusing a soiled one, as many people do. Stuck dirt is harmful to your television screen.
Dirt accumulation also reduces the usefulness of the cloth so just use only clean ones every cleaning. Fortunately, these clothing are simple to clean. When you’re through cleaning, toss them in the washing machine.
You may use an anti-static cloth. This is an alternative addition to your “toolbox” for cleaning your television. If you don’t have a lot of dirt on your television screen, you might not require it.
They are great dirt magnets, which means that a single sweep across the screen is sufficient to remove dust. These are also commonly available at supermarkets.
Initially, after taking the television out of the box, you can clean the screen by simply dusting it. If you merely clean the screen with a dry towel, streaks will emerge as more fingerprints touch it or some parts are blown onto it.
Today’s market is flooded with television and computer screen cleaners. Your choice as long as it does not contain acetone, acetate, ammonia, or alcohol. These cleaning products will degrade the TV’s anti-reflection coating.
If you don’t want to buy any screen cleaner agents, you can simply use a balanced solution of vinegar and water or distilled water.
Remember that you just need to dampen the microfiber cloth, therefore using distilled water will save you money. You can save money if you always keep vinegar on hand.
Also Read: How To Wash Hats in A Dishwasher
Methods of cleaning
Some flatscreen televisions are unsuitable for traditional wet cleaning. There are a few household solutions you may use to clean flat screen tv without streaks if it has accumulated any filth and you like to maintain it looking as good and new without harming it.
To prevent your television screen from streaking, stop using pre-treated cleaning rags. They contain oily coatings that are ideal for collecting dirt on wood furnishings but can create deposits on a television screen.
Using Distilled Water or a Vinegar Solution
This approach calls for the use of distilled water or a water-and-vinegar mixture. Take the following steps:
- Prepare your vinegar mixture or distilled water. Remember that don’t use plain tap water.
- Get a spray bottle and get started.
- Take out your microfiber cloth and clean it up. If you use paper towel or any other type of paper made of wood, you will end up with scratches over the surface of your screen.
- Turn off the television and set it aside to cool. The warm screens are likely the common causes of streaks on flat-screen televisions.
- Load the spray bottle halfway with distilled water or vinegar solution and spritz some of it on the microfiber cloth to remove the grime. If you spray water directly on the screen, you will make it too moist, which will increase the likelihood of streaks appearing. Instead of spraying too much on the screen, spray only a small amount of on the microfiber cloth and re-spray if needed.
- Using a gentle circular motion, wipe the screen clean and dry until it is clean and dry. Rub the dry microfiber cloth in a circular motion to dry the screen. If you follow the instructions correctly, you should not have any streaks.
- If necessary, repeat the procedure until you are completely satisfied with the appearance of your flat-screen television.
Also Read: How To Clean Bath Mats
Using Cleaning Agents
This procedure involves the use of a cleaning chemical specialized for flat-screen televisions.
Take the following steps:
- Turn off the television and wait until it comes to a cool temperature.
- Remove large dust particles from the screen before cleaning it to avoid generating scratches when you begin cleaning. An air compressor can also be used to complete the task.
- Mist the television screen with the screen cleaner you ordered and allow it to sit for approximately 30 seconds.
- Applying gentle circular motions to your screen with a microfiber cloth or anti-static cleaning cloth will help to remove dust and dirt. Wait for it to dry before continuing.
- If streaks appear, use a mixture of water and vinegar to remove them as soon as possible. Some folks choose to use an isopropyl alcohol solution at this point as well. Make a damp microfiber cloth with the solution and set it aside.
- To get rid of streaks on the flat screen, simply rub the cloth over them with a delicate hand. If the stains are really obstinate, consider using a higher proportion of rubbing alcohol and vinegar.
- Using rubbing alcohol at any point throughout this process, you must verify that there is no alcohol residue left on the surface of the flat screen after it has been cleaned. If you don’t wipe it properly, you run the danger of harming the screen if it’s left on the screen for an extended period of time. This is one of the reasons why most people refrain from consuming any type of alcoholic beverage.
To clean a flat-screen tv without streaks is usually a simple matter of selecting the proper cleaning agent and cloth. Avoid using harsh solutions, instead, use vinegar solution or distilled water to achieve the best possible outcomes. Remember to carefully clean flat screen tv without streaks and avoid getting it too moist in order to prevent causing harm to the screen.
Also Read: How To Clean Earrings