As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Juul is one of the most popular vaping devices. The mechanism of the Juul vape includes the battery and the pod. Still, it needs regular cleaning to maintain the quality. Here is an article on how to clean Juul pods.
- How to Clean Juul Pods
- Maintenance of Juul Vape
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Clean Juul Pods
First of all, you have to know the importance of regularly cleaning pods. Like any other vaping pod, leaks may occur from the pod. The leak can reach the battery that can cause little to severe damage within minutes. Therefore, the easiest way to avoid the damage, clean Juul pods.
- Screw Driver (flat head)
- Alcohol wipes pad
- Empty Juul Pods
- Cotton swabs
- Paper towel
Step 1: Disassemble the Juul Pod
To clean the Juul Pod, disassemble the Juul pod from the machine.
- Use a screwdriver with a flat head to remove the mouthpiece cap.
- Bend the plastic a little to separate the cap from the body. Do it gently to avoid breakage of the cap.
- Next, repeat the procedure on the other end.
- After you separate the cap from the structure of the pod, you can pull it off gently.
- Alternatively, you can use scissors to make some space between the body and the cap. Next, pull off the cap gently.
It is a risky step, do it with patience and follow the instructions carefully. Do the procedure with precision to avoid any mishaps.
Step 2: Remove the Absorbent Pads
When you pull out the cap, you will notice the used absorbent pad in the cap.
- When the absorbent pads reach the optimum level, the vapor leaks.
- This can be harmful, so use tweezers and pull out the absorbent pad. Pull it carefully.
- Use a paper towel or cotton pad to replace the old absorbent pad.
An absorbent pad lasts for 4-5 use; after that, you must replace it with a new one. Next, enhance the absorbing capacity of the cotton pad by spreading the cotton with tweezers.
Step 3: Dry Cleaning
After that, pull out the rubber flange for dry cleaning. Dry cleaning is the most effective and common way to clean Juul pods when it is new.
- Use cotton swabs to clean the grime and dirt. After cleaning the pod with a cotton swab, and paper towel, you will see a structure where the metal body meets the rubber.
- This is the place where most of the dirt and grime are captured. You can clean it with tweezers and a paper towel. Cleaning the metal body will ensure a smooth flow of liquid in the vape.
The next procedure requires intricate cleaning as the functionality of the vape depends on this. There are small metal pins underneath the pod. The metal pins allow the smooth running of fluid in the battery.
- Use cotton swabs to absorb the excess juice around the pins.
- Clean it gently as the pins are delicate. When the juice is completely swept off from the metal pins; you can reassemble the cap.
Step 4: Clean It with Vinegar
The metal rod in the pod is the area that attracts grime and dust. If dry cleaning does not succeed in cleaning the dirt, you can use a vinegar solution.
- Make a white vinegar solution with equal parts water and equal part vinegar.
- Wash the metal rod which is attached to the rubber to clean the dirt and grime.
- Take a syringe and fill it with vinegar solution
- Push it inside the metal rod to clean it thoroughly. While you push the vinegar solution into the metal rod, the diluted solution will come off from another side.
- This shows the vape does not have any debris, and the dirt comes off with the solution.
Applying vinegar solution will clean any liquid in the rod along with dirt and dust. This is an efficient solution to clean the vape.
Step 6: Wash With an Alcohol Solution
If you haven’t done dry cleaning for a long time, do a thorough cleaning of the Juul pod with alcohol.
To avoid any minor accident or mishap, you must follow the procedure step by step.
- To clean the metal pins, damp the paper towel or cotton swab in alcohol. Make sure the paper towel is slightly damp.
- Next, when you clean the metal pins, invert the pod and slightly clean the crammed dirt. Avoid pressing the metal pins; gently clean the area around the metal pin to get rid of any dirt build-up.
- Be patient in the process. Do not damage the internal part with alcohol leakage.
- The last step is to clean the magnetic charging area with alcohol wipes. Wipe it softly to clean the dirt from the area, so it looks new and shiny. They are best used for cleaning RC cars and printer drums as well.
To ensure the clean-up is successful, clean the charging port of the Juul pod. After cleaning, ensure that no residue of dirt or alcohol is left.
Step 7: Disassemble Everything
For thorough cleaning of the pod, you have to disassemble everything and pull out the coil from the pod.
- Use screwdrivers to straighten the metal pins on the back. Do it gently. You can use tweezers along with a screwdriver to open the metal pins.
- Next, pull the metal rod and rubber pad. Pull the rod gently. You will see a coil attached to it. The coil controls the heating of the vape.
- Once you pulled the rod, use tweezers to pull the coil from the pod.
- When every part is disassembled, clean everything with cotton and cotton swabs. Clean off the liquid from the pod, rod, and coil.
- While cleaning the coil, pull out the wick from the coil.
The disassembling of every part ensures that everything is thoroughly cleaned. Make sure there is no dirt or liquid spill is left as a residue.
Step 8: Reassemble the Juul Pod
Before reassembling, make sure every part is clean. Also, check every part is dry when you start reassembling.
- At first, change the wick in the coil. Then, take some amount of cotton and roll it in your palm.
- Gently push it between the coil and measure it with the old wick. Then, cut the extra part with scissors.
- Push the coil in the pod and then secure the metal pins with tweezers and a screwdriver.
- Assemble the metal rod with a rubber end and fix it in the coil.
Here is the video guide to assemble the Juul pod correctly.
Step 9: Refill the Juul Pod
After reassembling the Juul pod, you can refill the pod with the flavor of your choice.
- Fill the liquid up to the liner.
- Then secure the pod with the rubber cap.Next, make sure you have fresh new cotton pads in the cap.
- Finally, push the cap into the body, and then it is all done.
- It is advisable to use Juul liquid with Juul pod to get the authentic flavor of Juul vape.
Maintenance of Juul Vape
It is simple, and you clean the Juul pods regularly, you will get most of the device.
However, you can’t expect a device to function properly when it is not maintained from time to time.
Clean the atomizer or wick regularly. It is a fact that is evident in every vape that coil burns out easily. So replace it every two weeks to avoid burning of coil.
Overheating of vape can lead to burnt taste and can harm the coil. Simply put, vapor 30-40 seconds, and it reduces the chances of burning the wick.
The alcohol and vinegar cleaning should be done with utmost care. After cleaning, use a blow dryer to dry the metal rod and the coil, similar to the drying process for cleaning ceramic nails.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Juul Battery Last?
It lasts for 12 hours when persistently used. The Juul pods have an internal ion-lithium battery. The battery can be recharged after use. If you are a heavy user, then it lasts 8 hours. The Juul Battery lasts for a year if taken proper care of. Regular cleaning and proper charging and discharging can enhance the battery life.
How Often Should I Clean The Vape?
It is advisable to clean the Juul Vape every two weeks. The dust and dirt can get accumulated in the metal pipe. This can harm the longevity of the vape. Clean the pod with a cotton swab and cotton. You can tap the pod upside down and clean the liquid with a tissue.
Can I Put Water In The Juul Pod?
No, you can’t wash the Juul pod with water. When the product is assembled with a battery, it is not advisable to wash it with water. However, after removing the battery and pulling out the assembled part, you can wash the pod with anything. Washing the pod with water is not advisable, but you can wash the metal pipe with vinegar or alcohol to remove crabbed dirt.
Keeping the Juul clean is one of the easiest procedures to avoid malfunctions. Here is an in-depth research on how to clean the Juul pods. Properly maintaining the vape device can make them last longer.