As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are a homeowner or an office owner, you might desire beautiful tinted windows to create an excellent ambiance for your homes. However, before moving forward with the installation of tinted windows, understand that it requires regular maintenance and cleaning. Thus in this article, we will discuss how to clean tinted house windows at home.
- How To Clean Tinted House Windows
- The Final Takeaways About Cleaning Tinted Windows
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Clean Tinted House Windows
Tinted windows are one of the cost-effective ways one can use for upgrading the look of their home or office. Installing tinted windows is not that big of a deal, but cleaning them can give you a nightmare. Thus, in this article, we will suggest some of the best and easiest cleaning process methods.
A Word of Advice
Before starting the cleaning process, you need to consider a word of advice before buying the products necessary for the cleaning process.
- Never use sharp-blade squeegees, newspaper, and paper towels at any cost, as they may leave scratches over the window.
- Do not use Ammonia based solutions for cleaning, as it may break down the adhesive layer of the window.
- You can buy mild commercial cleaning solutions on the internet but read the ingredients first.
If you use ammonia-based products, it will start fuming, which is not very good for your throat and lungs, and it may cause a burning sensation in your respiratory tract. It is not only harmful to you but the glass as well.
Before moving on to the cleaning process, let us get the ingredients required to keep the cleaning process seamless and easy.
Here is the list of materials required for cleaning your tinted windows:
- Microfibre or any soft lint-free piece of cloth for wiping the windows after cleaning the tinted windows.
- Empty spray bottle for mixing the cleaning solution and spraying it evenly on the tinted windows.
- Rubber Squeegee to clean the windows.
- Telescopic pole or a stepladder for higher windows
- Distilled water for cleaning and mixing the cleaning ingredients.
- Mild soap to loosen up the dirt.
- White vinegar for treating any type of stains on the windows.
Cleaning A Tinted House Window
Cleaning a tinted house window might seem like a challenge, but it is surely not. So here is the step by step guide you need to follow:
- Mix two parts distilled water, three tablespoons of white vinegar, along with ½ tablespoon dish soap. Put this mixture into a spray bottle.
- Now spray the solution with the homemade cleaning solution and wipe the window with a microfiber cloth. This will help in loosening up the dirt on the window.
- Now take a squeegee and move it vertically from top to bottom; this will remove the soapy water from the window.
- Do not forget to remove the suds from the windowsill with a soft dry cloth.
- Now rinse the window with distilled water and clean it with a squeegee. Once the cleaning is done, dry the window with a microfibre cloth.
You have to be careful above leaving any wet spots on the frame and the windowsill. You can use a stepladder to clean if the windows are at a great height.
A Few Cleaning Tips
After reading the above paragraph, you might have understood that the cleaning does not take much time or effort, but it surely needs some precautions.
Therefore, here are a few cleaning tips that you should consider to understand your windows better.
- If your windows are newly tinted, it will take at least 30 days for the tint/film to set on your window. Therefore, make sure you do not clean your window for at least two months after the tinting.
- If you notice any bubbles below the tint or film, it is not a sign of low-quality tint or tinting gone bad. It takes at least three months for the tint to dry completely.
- The preferable time for cleaning the tinted windows is in the morning or evening, as in the afternoon the windows heat up, making it difficult to clean.
- If you clean your tinted windows regularly, their life span will extend to at least 20 years.
How To Remove Nicotine From Tinted Windows With Vinegar
Vinegar is a wonderful ingredient when we take cleaning into the picture. Thus now we will discuss how to remove nicotine from tinted windows with vinegar; as we discussed above, we have to be careful about not tarnishing the quality of the tint.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Take a spray bottle and start mixing one part water and one part vinegar. To avoid the smell of vinegar, you can add essential oil and a few drops of lemon rinds.
- Now let the solution sit still for a week to initiate infusion.
- Once the solution is infused, spray the solution in the window and leave it for a few minutes. Now take a non-abrasive sponge or a microfiber cloth and wipe the window. Microfiber cloths are great for cleaning mother of pearls and drum sets as well.
- Now take a squeegee and give the window a good clean.
- Polish the windows using a microfibre cloth and remove the stains from the window.
The above-mentioned cleaning tips are specifically designed to tackle stains on windows.
However, if your tint/film gets damaged during the process due to recklessness, you need to get it replaced.
Cleaning A Tinted Window Glue
If you have decided to put a new tint/film layer on your window, you must be 100% sure that the window is completely clean from any type of glue residue.
Here is the step-by-step guide for cleaning a tinted window glue.
- First of all, remove any type of furnishing around the window, like your iron furniture, and cover the carpet with an old cloth or a newspaper.
- Now take a microfiber cloth and dip it into acetone.
- Now gently move the cloth in a circular motion on the window. You have to be patient during this step to clean the glue effectively.
- Now repeat this step until you have gotten a completely clean and shiny glass.
What To Expect From A Professional Tinted Glass Cleaner?
Everybody might not be that comfortable with cleaning a stained-glass window by themselves at home. Hence, they can opt for professional help in this case.
Now we will discuss what can be expected from a professional tinted glass cleaner.
- A professional cleaner will bring you professional results with their proven and effective techniques. Make sure you read about them before hiring to make sure the results will be good.
- They use pure water into an advanced water-pole system to provide you with a streak-free glass.
- There is a minimal risk of getting scratches or any other form of damage, as they will opt for natural drying techniques instead of aggressive materials.
- They provide you some extra time to yourself and save a lot of your physical effort.
The Final Takeaways About Cleaning Tinted Windows
It is time to highlight some of the final takeaways about cleaning tinted windows.
- Always go with the items with natural ingredients and avoid any type of chemicals when cleaning a tinted window.
- Never clean a fresh tinted glass for at least 30 days after the tinting. It will damage the film/tint, as it will not be fully dried.
- Avoid washing the tinted windows during summers, as they get warmed up and are quite challenging to clean. Go for the cool hours if you want to clean your windows.
- If you want a long life for your tinted windows, keep regular cleaning sessions for your windows.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Things To Avoid After Getting Your Windows Tinted?
Here are things you need to avoid when you get your windows newly tinted:
First, skip any type of washing of the glass for at least 30 days after installing the windows. Second, avoid touching the windows and let them dry naturally. Finally, do not be frustrated about the bubbles; it is part of the drying process.
How Long Does It Take For A Tinted Window To Get Cured?
In tinted house windows, it takes at least two to three months to get the windows completely cured. This is because the curing of a tinted window is mostly associated with the drying period of the window. It is a long process; thus, be patient and cautious during the curing.
Should I Be Worried About Rain After I Get My Windows Tinted?
If you are not aware, the film/tint is always placed inside the window. Thus rain cannot harm the tint.
Cleaning a tinting window might sound like work with a lot of physical effort, but it is necessary to get through this as your windows will get tarnished with time if you skip cleaning. Tinted windows are sensitive; thus, be careful around them in terms of material and other products you use while cleaning. Just like any other fragile object such as a mirror or a camera lens for an expensive camera, you need to be extra careful when cleaning. Go for organic and mild cleaning products for best results