As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Carpet cleaner brushes are the major role players in assisting you to eradicate dirt, dust, hair, and debris off the rugs or carpets. They have the best bristles to ensure that the delicate fabric stays safe upon cleaning. However, just like any other carpet cleaner tool, the brushes need timely cleaning to ensure longevity.
- How to Clean Carpet Cleaner Brushes?
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Clean Carpet Cleaner Brushes?
Regular and timely cleaning of the carpet cleaner brushes intends to keep them in proper shape at all times. The dirt, dust, and debris get accumulated over the carpet cleaner brushes that deteriorates the normal functioning. Therefore, cleaning them is all you need to revive their original functionality.
This guide will help you with detailed steps to learn how to clean carpet cleaner brushes easily.
Step 1: Remove the Brush From the Carpet Cleaner
- Read the instruction manual to know the process of removing the brush from your carpet cleaner, as instructions vary depending upon various models.
- For most cleaners, you need to twist and pull off the brushes for detaching them.
- In some top-brand carpet cleaners, a button is all you need to press to separate the brush.
It is next to impossible to clean the carpet cleaner brushes without detaching them. Therefore, irrespective of the carpet cleaner you have, you need to separate the brushes for cleaning.
Step 2: Wash With Mild Detergent Solution
- Pour warm water into a bucket.
- Add mild detergent to it.
- Stir & mix it well.
- Submerge the entire brush into the bucket with a cleaning solution.
- Use a gentle scrubber to scrub all areas of the brush thoroughly.
- Leave no edges during the scrubbing process.
- Use another hand-held brush to scrub the cleaner brush’s bristles over it gently.
- Hence, it will remove robust dirt accumulated within the bristle of the cleaner brush.
- Finally, use a damp cloth to clean dirt and dust from the internal connector compartment of the cleaner brush.
In case you are cleaning the carpet cleaner brush for the first time, you will be surprised to see the amount of dirt & dust stuck to it.
Step 3: Submerging the Brush in Diluted Vinegar Solution
Wiping the cleaned brush will help kill bacteria over it and prevent their build-up. Some of the bacteria have the potential to survive even after the previous cleaning step.
Therefore, this step is ideal for ensuring a complete cleaning of the carpet cleaner brush. Here’s what you need to do:
- Prepare the diluted vinegar solution by mixing vinegar with water.
- Submerge the brush in the diluted vinegar solution.
- Let it settle for a couple of minutes and take it out.
- Rinse and clean the brush with clean water, to remove vinegar remnants.
Vinegar consists of acetic acid and has mycobactericidal properties. Therefore, it is highly preferable to kill bacteria off various surfaces and materials like lava beads, floor rugs, and carpet cleaner brushes.
However, make sure to prevent prolonged contact with carpet cleaner brush with vinegar. It is because the rubber parts might deteriorate over time.
Step 4: Let the Carpet Cleaner Brush Dry
- Place the carpet cleaner brush under the open air. Natural drying is preferable for these types of brushes.
- Let the brush dry for around 2 to 3 hours or more until it is scorched.
- When dried, you can attach it back to the carpet cleaner.
- Comb out any of the dust or dirt remnants off the brush bristles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I Seek Cleaning Of My Carpet Cleaner Brushes After Every Use?
It is not mandatorily recommended for you to clean your carpet cleaner brushes after every use. Instead, it would be best if you cleaned them depending upon the frequency of use.
It means that if your family has more than five members and pets, then you might be using the carpet cleaner every day. So, in that case, you need to clean your carpet cleaner brushes every single day.
What Types of Carpets Can I Clean With Carpet Cleaner Brush?
The carpet cleaning brush or tool helps clean small, big-sized, and high-end rugs or carpets. Not just that, you can clean short-nap carpets with it as well.
Moreover, you can make use of this attachment to clean shaggy area-rugs, fancy rugs such as faux sheepskin rugs, plush carpets, loopy rugs, and others. To know more about what other brush types or tools are used with vacuum cleaners, you can refer to this article.
People have more concerns about the carpet cleaner machines and rugs. However, they usually miss out on maintaining the filters and brushes that direct this entire cleaning process of carpets. By simply cleaning it, you might save some time cleaning mouse droppings on your carpet.
Hence, cleaning carpet cleaner brushes are very important for the overall maintenance of your carpet and the cleaning tools. At the same time, you could also clean a shark rocket brush roll, which has similar functions. Find spare time, and make efforts to clean your carpet cleaning brushes to maintain their effective cleaning potential.