As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Various healers recommend Shungite and various other stones, crystals, and minerals to cleanse the aura around you and heal you spiritually and physically. Therefore, it is essential to be familiar with the cleansing of crystals for positivity. Thus in this article, we will discuss how to clean Shungite for spiritual healing.
- How To Clean Shungite
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Clean Shungite
Each type of Shungite involves a different methodology for cleaning; thus, before beginning the cleaning, it is essential to be familiar with what kind of Shungite you own. In addition, many people use Shungite for purifying the water. Thus you cannot miss the cleaning routine to keep the stone healthy.
Products That You Can Work With
The cleaning method that suits well for a Shungite stone depends upon the types of stone you possess. Thus the products mentioned below are going to support one methodology that you can follow.
We will be talking about the detailed process for each of the products you can work on within the upcoming paragraphs.
- Warm water for cleaning the dirt from the Shungite.
- Kitchen salt
- Baking soda
- Acetic acid
- A soft cloth to dry the stone after cleaning.
- A delicate soap to loosen up the dirt on the crystal.
These products can be easily bought from a store, and they also speed up the cleaning process for a Shungite stone.
You choose the product of your choice depending on your stone and your terms of usage.
Cleansing The Shungite With Water And Soap
Cleansing Shungite is not like building the Eiffel Tower, and it hardly takes a few minutes to clean the Shungite.
The first method that we will discuss is cleansing the Shungite with water and soap.
This method works for every type of Shungite; here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Take the Shungite or the item made up of Shungite in your hands and rinse it under running water.
- Now take any mild liquid soap and out some on the stone. Make sure the temperature of the water is warm.
- Take a soft cloth or a microfiber cloth to remove stains and dirt from the stone. Make sure you do not use any scrub brush; the wiping has to be soft not to hurt the stone.
The use of harsh sponges and brushes is wholly forbidden as they may leave ugly stains and scratches on the stone. Also, make sure the soap you use is mild, as harsh chemicals might compromise the stone’s quality.
How Long Should I Clean The Stone Under The Water?
The one question that people always ask is how long should I clean the stone under the water; since the stone is black, it is difficult to understand when it is completely clean and ready for use.
The timeline of cleaning the stone under the water depends on what kind of item you possess that contains Shungite.
- If you possess a raw stone of Shungite, clean it for at least 15 minutes under lukewarm water to get it completely cleaned.
- If you own some jewelry or any other product that consists of Shungite, you need to clean the frame as well; it will probably take a bit longer in that case.
- You are supposed to cleanse the stone at least once a month or even more, depending upon your preference.
How To Clean Shungite For Water Purification
Well, one of the best qualities of Shungite is that it can naturally purify water, and most people struggle with the question of what product I should use to clean the Shungite if I want to use it for water purification.
Here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- Take a small bowl and add a tablespoon of baking soda into a cup of water.
- Now take the Shungite and dip it into the bowl of water for at least 5 minutes.
- Now take out the stone and mildly scrub it with a soft cloth or a microfiber cloth to remove any dirt from it. Microfiber cloths are great for cleaning thermocouple water heaters and drum sets as well.
- Take the stone and place it under warm running water to fully cleanse it.
How To Clean A Shungite Rough Stone
Shungite stones come in different forms and textures. Thus the cleaning methodology also changes depending upon the nature of the Shungite stone.
Hence, the question arises of how to clean a Shungite Rough stone, as the texture of this stone is coarse. Here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- Take a bowl and add some water to it. Now put some baking soda, kitchen salt, and acetic acid into water and mix to prepare a mild cleansing solution for the Shungite stone.
- Now dip the Shungite stone into the mixture and leave it there for at least 3 hours.
- Now take the Shungite stone out of the bowl and rinse it under running lukewarm water; make sure there is no residue left on the surface.
- Leave the stone to air dry.
- If you want to remove any negative energy from the stone, you can use some scented sticks while you dry the stone under the sun.
Here is the link to a study discussing the properties of rough Shungite stone.
How To Clean An Elite Shungite Stone
The Elite Shungite stones are highly popular for the shiny and smooth surface that they possess. Thus the owners are always looking for cleaning methods that do not damage the stone’s surface, for which the elite stones are highly praised.
Here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- You have to eliminate the usage of any kind of product in this mechanism.
- Hold the stone in your hands and place it under warm running water to remove any external dirt. Scrub mildly with your hands instead of a soft cloth.
- Now place the elite Shungite stone into the sun to let it dry and cleanse the stone’s energy.
This is the best method that one can use to cleanse an elite Shungite stone. This method will keep the surface of the Shungite stone damage-free and will not compromise its shiny surface.
How To Clean And Prepare Shungite Water
A Shungite stone is well known for its cleansing and healing properties, and it is also famous for purifying the water due to its high carbon concentration.
An elite Shungite stone has a total carbon concentration of 95-98 percent. Thus they are the best when it comes to the purification of water.
- It is a very easy process. You just need to pick the stone up very carefully and immerse it into the water and let the water rest for at least 24-72 hours.
- The stone will naturally purify the water and mineralize it to make it clean and full of healthy nutrients.
- The Shungite water has a therapeutic effect on the body, and you can feel the positivity in you.
- It is limited to spiritual healing and expands to physical healing as well; it can treat skin and digestive problems, muscle or joint aches, and chronic respiratory diseases.
Many people prefer drinking Shungite water instead of the water from an RO filter. It is devoid of nutrients, but Shungite water provides your body the required healthy minerals that help your body heal from the inside.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Healing Properties That A Shungite Stone Possess?
A Shungite stone is quite popular for aura balancing. It can also absorb negative energies from the outside and balance the body’s chakras to help the owner of the stone heal themselves. It also possesses effective filtering properties that can heal the body from chronic diseases and digestive problems.
What Are The General Uses Of A Shungite Stone?
The original use of the Shungite stone was to create a pigment called Shungite natural black. Now the stone is highly popular in making jewelry and items for home decor.
Which Is The Best Place To Place Your Shungite Stone?
The best place to place the Shungite stone is near the place you sleep. Many people are seen to place the stone near the electrical devices, but to enjoy the stone’s healing properties, place it near your headboard and let the stone heal you from inside out.
It does not matter if you possess decorative pieces of the Shungite stone or use them for filtering purposes; cleansing the stone is extremely important; otherwise, the stone can work in a reverse manner. If you want to enjoy all the positive properties of the Shungite stone, you need to cleanse it at least once a month.
Make sure you use that method of cleaning that suits best the types of Shungite stone you possess.